Monday, March 1, 2010

Finished Top!

The top is finished! Now I need to go with Aliya and have her pick out some backing fabric later today. I will probably end up using flannel for the back. The binding will be in the stripe, that's why I added the extra yellow border so I could do that. A funny little side note. While I was putting on the borders I asked Aliya how she liked it (this was when I had just added the pink border) and her response (with her finger in her mouth like she is thinking really hard about this) "Its Really, Really, (pause here) Different" ....LOL
My 4 year old going on 10 year old.

So here is a little list of things to do this month:

- Finish Star Bright quilt
- Work on 2 Quilt 4 Kids quilts
- Finish the Wonky Nine Patch quilt
- Do block for Sew 2 Speak group

Also, I might take a trip to San Antonio. Looks like my hubby might be working there for a little while and if he does I plan on going to stay with him for a few days and maybe take Aliya to Sea World! Sounds like fun right! Well fingers crossed they get this bid! (job)

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the top. It is cute and not so different. It turned out very nice. Like the pattern it makes. Good job. My daughter the quilter....it's so neat! Can't wait for us to do this together in Houston instead of online!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

The quilt is lovely...gotta go to sea world!!!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Your Star Bright quilt is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think it should be called Starburst, as it just pops right out at you! Your little one is a very lucky girl and won't she just love Seaworld.

Happy Sewing!

AllieKatMom said...

Thank you everyone!

amy and the bad cats said...

allie's quilt is gjust gorgeous, and i love striped bindings! are you going to cut the binding on the bias or straight-grain?

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!