Thursday, March 11, 2010

Need Help!

Ok, so I narrowed my search for a new machine down to 5 machines that are in my price range (some still a little more than I am willing to spend and are at the top of my range) I really need a machine that does free motion quilting, has a large workspace, cutter and threader. Those are the main features I am looking for.

1. Janome 6600p
2. Viking Sapphire 875
3. Baby Lock Espire
4. Pfaff Expression 4.0
5. Brother QC 1000

If you have any experience with these machines or have heard anything about them I would love to hear your review. I have searched online and seen several reviews and in my opinion these are the best and have what I want on them. So any advice will be awesome! I really do appreciate it! Hopefully I will be able to go and sew on them this weekend.
Also if you can think of any other machine that I have left out I would love to know...thanks!

6 comments:

Nicky said...

I have heard fabulous things about the Baby Lock Espire. I used it at a local quilt store and fell in love! I decided I want that one after trying others. I am getting my Espire in May. I can't wait!

Peggy said...

I have the Janome 6600P and CANNOT say enough good things about it! It is a wonderful machine with more bells and whistles than I ever had on my other "cheapie" machines and I made use of them all! I have had it for two years now and knock on wood - no problems. It's a workhorse - in the two years I've had it I've probably completed over 30 quilts and over 40 tote bags. Good luck in your search - try and get into a dealer and actually sew on all the machines to help you make up your mind. Peggy in IL

Joanne said...

I have a Sapphire 870 (last years 875 model) and love it. I haven't quite had it for a year, but I have done lots of sewing on it (my last machine was also a Viking that I had owned for 18 years). The 870 has 10" between the needle and the motor (this is the reason I wanted a new machine - the old one is fine). I just finished free motion quilting a queen size quilt on it with no problems.
One of the greatest features on my machine is that it tells me when the bobbin thread is about to run out!! Wonderful!!
I also bought an clear table to go with it, makes it a lot easier as it doesn't come with a table. Good luck!!

SandyQuilts said...

I own 5 Janome machines ... yes I love them. They are real workhorses and rarely need repair. I don't own the 6600 but I have owned the 6500 since it hit the streets. I still love it.

Saying all that ... go out and try the machines with your own fabrics. The one that speaks to you is the one to buy.

Pam said...

I have the Viking 870 and love it. I've quilted a 86x86 inch quilt on it.

Go with the machine that has the best service-repair and education.

Jen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 6600. I've had it about 3 years now. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!