Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Mom's quilt

I started with 13 FQ's in shades of Blue, Green and Purple and 3 yards of backing. I am using Batiks which I never use! I think this is the first time. My mom loves Batiks so I tried to use them. Here is the goods!

The goods turned into strips, lots of strips.

The strips turned into a quilt top! I really like it. I didn't use a pattern so I just did some math and some piecing and it came together. I knew what I wanted in my head and drew it on paper and then figured out what size I needed everything to be. My blocks ended up being 10" and 9.5" finished and I have 30 blocks. I did two blocks and alternated them. I still have about half of my fabric left so it really was easy to make.


I still need to quilt it, but I am pretty happy with it. Am I switching to Batik's...No, probably not. They are pretty once in a while to switch it up a little, but I still love the fabric I use.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

LIKE IT!

Anonymous said...

Hope your mom loves it. Looks great!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I think it's very pretty - love the cool beachy colors.

amy and the bad cats said...

gorgeous! love the colors, too!

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!