Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finished Quilt for Kids quilts

Finally finished these quilts. It only took me forever to do them. When you aren't interested in the quilts it seems to take forever to finish them. The first quilt is from some purple scraps I had in my stash that I figured I would probably never use for my own quilts so why not give it to someone who loves purple. So conveniently names "Purple Surprise". Hopefully it will go so a young girl and she will love it.
I used another strip of squares on the back of the quilt so that it would give it some more character.
I just wrote out the label instead of typing them.
This is "Around the Rink" made from the fabric sent to me when I ordered my kit from Quilt for Kids. It is hockey gear, perfect for a boy who loves hockey. Finished and will be sent soon. The back is just a blue stripe fabric, not much to show there.
As for my health, if some of you are wondering, I am fine now and past everything. Thanks for you thoughts and prayer. I am back to quilting and I really got a lot done this weekend :) More to come!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

The quilts look wonderful...I am sure they are going to be greatly loved. Glad you are feeling well enough to start quilting...good therapy!

amy and the bad cats said...

so glad you're back to feeling better and congrats on getting the Quilt for Kids finished and another! i finished the kit they sent me, and have a top completed to send with it, except for the outer borders.

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!