Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Janome Horizon


No, I am not buying it. Just drooling over it and very curious! Right now I am sewing on my Mom's Janome 6500 (she uses on her Grace) and I am happy I bought the Baby Lock Espire. My machine just does some things that the Janome doesn't do. Like tell me when the bobbin is almost out, the threader is way easier on the BL, and there is a foot up and down button on my machine. I also hate the Janome extension table. Mine does not budge at all and actually snaps in, but the Janome's extension table slides over easily when you are sewing and there is a gap between the extension table and the machine which gets annoying.
I DO love the way the Janome free motion quilts and sews though! It really does sew like a dream! It just doesn't have all the gadgets my machine has.
So I am very curious to see what changes they made on the Janome Horizon. I do know the price tag is higher than what I paid for my Espire, but I still love Janome's and I always will! Someday maybe I will have one of each :)
Of course I have to find a dealer to go and take a look soon. If anyone is getting it or has seen it I would love to know what you think? So far all I know that is improved is the dial to select stiches and the longer neck which is now 11 inches. I would love the 11 inch neck but don't really care about the dial too much. I also love how it looks, so pretty!

2 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Isn't the red just gorgeous!

Audrie said...

I've never used the 6500 or 6600 so I can't really compare... but so far I love my Horizon. There's a bit of a learning curve but it's nothing too difficult. As for the dial, you can choose stitches on the panel too, so you can do it either way.

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!