Saturday, February 27, 2010

Great weekend so far!

So far I got some things accomplished this week. I did manage to sew the Crazy Nine Patch blocks together, I am still working on a scrappy border that I want to add to it but at least these are done. I used a white sheet and don't think I will be doing that again. I really don't like the quality of the fabric. Another learning experience!
I also need an idea of what color thread to quilt it with, any ideas? This is the fabric I ordered on clearance 50% off, I got 18 yards for just over $50! I am very happy with a couple of them (the teal and brown dots!) The others are still nice and will make a nice addition to my stash.
I also needed more fabric for Aliya's Star Bright quilt and I could not resist buying FQ's in the Moda Blush line!!! I think its my new favorite! I plan on buying more of this for sure. Maybe when I go on the Houston Shop Hop I will find some charm packs or jelly rolls on sale (crossing fingers, toes and eyes) Isn't it so pretty!! Anyone know of a cute quilt I can make with FQ's? I have a total of 13.
I have some Heather Ross fabric that I ordered online too. I got some money from some special people for my birthday so decided I wanted Heather Ross Mendocino, I used my 20% off coupon!

4 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Love all your new fabric.

Sandy said...

Nice Heather Ross fabrics. They look like you!

AllieKatMom said...

Those arent the Heather Ross, They are the Moda Blush fabrics

AllieKatMom said...

I am getting the Heather Ross from Fabric.com later this week :)

Post a Comment

My main purpose I blog is to share my creations with others so I can learn and grow as a quilter. I am especially here to make new friends, so please comment! I love ALL of them!